- 200 g rolled oats
- 300 g apple juice
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 40 g whole mixed nuts (e.g. almonds, hazelnuts, macadamias)
- 40 g desiccated coconut
- 40 g mixed dried fruit (e.g. figs, cranberries, dates)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, unpeeled, cored and cut into quarters (approx. 95 g)
- Greek-style natural yoghurt, to serve
- fresh mixed fruit (e.g. pomegranate, strawberries, blueberries), to serve
- Place a thermal serving bowl or other large bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh oats and apple juice into it. Add cinnamon and nutmeg, stir to combine and leave to soak overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place nuts, desiccated coconut and dried fruit into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5.5. Transfer to thermal serving bowl with the soaked oats.
- Place apple into mixing bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 6. Add to thermal serving bowl and gently stir to combine.
- Serve muesli with a dollop of yoghurt and fresh fruit of choice.
- Bircher muesli can be made the day before. Proceed as per recipe up to the end of Step 2, then place oats and dried fruit mixture into refrigerator overnight. The next morning, continue with steps 3-4.